Agustina Vergara Cid and Onkar Ghate of the Ayn Rand Institute analyze the impact of immigrants on national security and evaluate the argument that America’s national security requires strict limits on immigration.
- How the argument that immigration is a threat to national security is biased against immigrants;
- Why limiting immigration to prevent terrorism is dishonest;
- How immigrants make us safer by serving in the military;
- How restrictions on immigration have contributed to a shortage of skilled workers in areas of the economy the military depends on;
- Why we need a targeted response to actual national security threats, not blanket prohibitions on immigration;
- How those who oppose immigration, like environmentalists arguing against fossil fuels, selectively look for evidence to support their ideology;
- Why mainstream thinkers fail to consider the benefits of immigration to national security.